Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cigars and Football -both passionate topics

Hello Family, friends, social media colleagues and the rest of you:

Happy New Year!

I have been MIA since the last time I posted anything, and I guess other social media venues have preoccupied my time. But it only takes a simple conversation or post to get me back into action. I was just in Facebook, and a fan page I joined named "Dominicans" commented on my post to their page that they realized I had a blog spot, and well, behold I am back writing right now. LOL! :-)

So, my topics for tonight will be Cigars and Football because those are the recent topics that I just recently experienced and are a joy in my life. I know tonight is the Obama "hear me out and believe that I can make good changes in trying to help & unite America, so please believe in me" speech. But, I rather just wait to hear what America media needs to say about his grand talk, because I am sure it is exactly what I think about him.

Anyways, enough politics since I will probably post something regarding that soon enough, and let's get to Cigars and Football.

So, needless to say, I am distraught at this football season. My beloved NY Giants just crumbled to dust in the wind after having a promising & glorious 5-0 start. They were undefeated & unstoppable until they play another good team, and well we all know what happened in the remaining games. So, the NY Giants need to re-group and change defensive strategies, as well as, that defensive coaching squad in time to make the run for the next season.

So, the last hope for New York, was the Jets. Really??? Yes... I mean really? Yes, and as Obama would say- let me be clear: the Jets.

This past weekend, my brother and I, along with a few good friends headed to a local sports bar & lounge to see two great football games. This is the time of year where every game matters, every yard on the gridiron is fought for with passion & anger, and you either win or you go home. And the only way to really watch these big games is with great drinks and fine cigars.

Football and cigars go hand-in-hand. Well, come to think about it, in my life, cigars pair well with many things. Now back to the story-

As I said earlier, I'm a New York Giants fan, so normally I don't root for the Jets. But the Giants dropped the ball this year, so when I lit up a Fuente Fuente OpusX Lost City last Sunday afternoon, I was rooting for the Jets, hoping big, lovable Coach Ryan would have a chance to light up a celebratory smoke with his team after the game. The Jets did come out strong, taking the lead over the Colts, but Manning's team adjusted to the Jets defense and their offense proved to be just too strong. The Jets lost, not that I'm highly upset, but I hope they smoked cigars and enjoyed anyway, for they played a great game, went deeper into the season than just about anybody thought they would and did themselves proud.






















I lit up a PadrĂ³n 1964 Anniversary for the second game, Vikings vs. Saints, and was treated to another beauty.





















Cigars and football- you can bet I'll be back to the smoking lounge in two weeks ready to watch the fireworks when the Colts take on the Saints in the Super Bowl. I hope you'll get to do something you enjoy as you watch the Superbowl.

Till next time... -Stay thirsty my friends!

***Some pictures from the sports event***
































0 comments:

Post a Comment